[Get Solution] construct a personal identity profile.
Development of Self
In this discussion, you will begin to construct a personal identity profile:
- First, summarize findings from the Internet research in the study of this unit (the context of your birth).
- Next, identify your birth characteristics (gender, race, ethnicity, ability, status, sexual orientation, nationality, et cetera).
- Finally, incorporate the following sections from Chapter 1 of your Culture and Identity text—“Development of the Self in Context”, “Societal Influences on Development”, and “Oppression” (pages 6 and 7) into an analysis of the accuracy of fit between your birth characteristics and your birth context.
Once you have completed the work above, answer the following questions:
- Did you find favorable, unfavorable, neutral, or absent images of your birth characteristics in the media (your gender, race, ethnicity, ability status, et cetera)?
- How does your identity align with the Thomas and Schwarzbaum discussion of oppression?