[Get Solution] Discuss opposing viewpoints about free trade during the 1990s..
By the 1990s, the US was stepping into the “Information Age”. This would coincide with the presidency of Bill Clinton. One can also see this as a period when global connections really became more visible and faster, in part because of new trade agreements around the globe. In North America, there was NAFTA—the North American Free Trade Agreement. By the late 1990s the US economy was entering a dynamic period of growth.
Choose and discuss one of the following two topics related to the American history under President Clinton:
- Discuss opposing viewpoints about free trade during the 1990s.
- For the period of the Clinton presidency, identify one view of those favoring “free trade” and one view of those who were opposed.
- Explain how you would weigh the pros and cons of this policy. In hindsight, what is your view of NAFTA? Is globalization good?
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these “free trade” issues of that time.
- Discuss the “economic rebound” of the late 1990s under President Clinton.
- Identify three of the “package” of changes that characterized the economic boost of the “information revolution” in the late 1990s.
- Discuss and explain what you think was the most important of these changes. What can we learn from that sort of period of economic rebound?
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these changes during the late 1990s. For guidance, view this short video.
[Get Solution] Discuss opposing viewpoints about free trade during the 1990s.